The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
92nd President of RCWP
photo May 2008
An abbrieviated biography...
Ted Nygreen was born in Seattle, in the days before telephones had push buttons (they were called “rotary”
phones). He went to high school in Ohio, but didn't finish. Although a high school dropout, Ted
was still accepted to MIT where he just barely got passing grades. Upon graduation,
Ted and Nancy were married in Scarsdale and moved to Princeton. They both earned their Ph.D.s. They have
three children who now have families of their own, living in Boston, New York City, and Northampton. There are 7
grandchildren and, best of all, all three families have successful careers (hallelujah!)
career began at RCA. He became Vice President of Information Systems as the youngest VP at NBC. He then joined
an international management consulting firm for 14 years, where he was Managing Director (until the firm was
acquired and he was fired). Nancy and Ted moved to Westchester, where Ted joined the Rotary Club of White Plains.
Ted was General Manager
and Chief Technology Officer for 12 years (until the firm was acquired and he was fired again).
So, having achieved retirement
age but not ready to be retired, Ted became an academic dean at Westchester Community College for his encore career.
He finally retired in 2015. Ted and Nancy live in Bedford.
- Joined the Rotary Club of White Plains in August 1999
- Elected RCWP Treasurer in 2000
- Elected RCWP Secretary in 2001
- Created the club website at http://rotaryWP.org in August 2001
- Automated all Club recordkeeping using a database on the website
- Served as AG for Communications during DG Bob Benson's year (2002-2003) and created the District 7230 website in August 2002
- Elected RCWP Vice President in 2004
- Served as RCWP President in 2007-2008
- Served as AG in 2008-2009 and again in 2009-2010
- Attended R.I. Convention in 2007 (Salt Lake City)
- Attended "On To Bermuda" in 2001 and 2007
- Attended RLI Parts 1, 2, and 3 (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Participated in PETS from 2003 through 2006 by organizing presentations on duties of the club secretary and use of
- RCWP Board of Directors (since 2000) as webmaster.
- District webmaster (2002-2015).
- Paul Harris Fellow (+8)
- TRF Major Donor Level 1 (April 12, 2011)
- Trustee, Rotary District 7230 Foundation, Inc., 2012-2015
- Member, Paul Harris Society 2014-present
- Resigned from District in 2015, after having been removed ("fired") as webmaster by the DG
- Named "Rotarian of the Year 2015" by District 7230, even after resigning.
Other Items of Interest (or not)
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Westchester Chapter of the American Red Cross from 2001 through 2007. Served as Treasurer for the final 2 years of the term, and received the Samuel J. Friedman Humanitarian Award from the Red Cross in 2007.
- Director, A&J Economos Charitable Foundation, 2003-present.
- Served on the Board of Directors of JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) from 2005 through 2011. Was a member of the executive committee each year, serving as Treasurer and then Secretary for the Board. Received an award for Outstanding Service in 2011.