The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
Rotary Trivia Quiz
These 5 randomly selected questions are
about Rotary International, the Foundation, or our district.
See how much you know about your favorite organization.
Click the radio button to reveal the answers ...
- Rotoract is a Rotary-sponsored service program for young men and women aged 18 to 30.
Rotaract clubs involve young adults, aged 18-30. The clubs are community-based or university-based, and are sponsored by Rotary clubs. [ID:1]
- Which Past District Governor of 7230 has been inducted into the 'Arch C. Klumpf Society' in recognition of a generous contribution to the Rotary Foundation?
Paul Caruso (DG 1999-2000) was inducted in March 2006. [ID:15]
- The Council on Legislation officially opened Rotary membership to women in what year worldwide?
Although many clubs admitted women earlier, it was not until 1989 that this was enacted by Rotary International. [ID:17]
- To qualify for a Presidential Citation, which is awarded annually for clubs that complete activities in membership, club service, vocational service, community service and international service, a Rotary Club must:
Every active Rotary club can qualify for the annual Presidential Citation by increasing membership and submitting descriptions of club activities covering four of the five categories listed. [ID:40]
- In 1930, at the request of donor Paul Harris, the Rotary Foundation gave its first grant in the amount of US$500 to which organization?
Helping children has always been a focus of the Foundation, from this initial grant. [ID:51]