The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
Rotary Trivia Quiz
These 5 randomly selected questions are
about Rotary International, the Foundation, or our district.
See how much you know about your favorite organization.
Click the radio button to reveal the answers ...
- Rotary's Youth Exchange Programs for high school-aged students aims to foster world understanding by way of intercultural exchanges of what duration?
There are two principal types of exchanges, either long-term exchanges (an academic year) or short-term exchanges (from several days to several weeks). [ID:4]
- The Council on Legislation officially opened Rotary membership to women in what year worldwide?
Although many clubs admitted women earlier, it was not until 1989 that this was enacted by Rotary International. [ID:17]
- According to a 2002-2003 R.I. demographic survey, which region of the world had the largest percentage of women members?
Canada and USA was highest at 20%. Britain and Ireland average was lowest at 5% [ID:20]
- In 1923, which famous American addressed the St. Louis convention, saying a club in every community would 'guarantee the tranquility and the forward march of the world?'
US President Warren G. Harding (he was a Rotarian) [ID:29]
- Since 2005, March has been designated as Literacy month. In 1990, 70% of the world's adult population was literate. In 2000, an estimated 799 million adults in the world were illiterate, which translates to a literacy rate of what?
In 2000, the literacy rate was 80% -- a commendable increase over 1990. Two-thirds of the world's illiterate adults were women. [ID:42]