The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
Rotary Trivia Quiz
These 5 randomly selected questions are
about Rotary International, the Foundation, or our district.
See how much you know about your favorite organization.
Click the radio button to reveal the answers ...
- When the Rotary Foundation was started in 1917, what was the initial endowment?
In 1917, the endowment received its first contribution of $26.50 from the Rotary Club of Kansas City, Missouri, USA. [ID:13]
- Chicago Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor created:
In 1932, Herb Taylor formulated the 4-way test. The 4-Way Test was adopted by Rotary in 1943 and has been translated into more than a hundred languages. He later became president of Rotary International in 1954-55. [ID:24]
- Who said 'Rotary is a microcosm of a world at peace, a model which nations would do well to follow?'
Our founder, Paul Harris, was a great proponent of peace and international understanding. [ID:27]
- How many RI conventions have been held in Chicago, Illinois?
The seventh Chicago convention was the Centennial in 2005. [ID:48]
- In 1984, RI President Carlos Canseco initiated which Rotary tradition?
This began the tradition of all DGs-elect wearing a class jacket. [ID:49]