The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
Rotary Trivia Quiz
These 5 randomly selected questions are
about Rotary International, the Foundation, or our district.
See how much you know about your favorite organization.
Click the radio button to reveal the answers ...
- In Spring 2006, results from a reader survey were published that reported the most popular section of The Rotarian magazine is:
Travel (56%) was most popular, followed by Health (23%), Management (15%) and Finance (6%) [ID:16]
- Since 2005, March has been designated as Literacy month. In 1990, 70% of the world's adult population was literate. In 2000, an estimated 799 million adults in the world were illiterate, which translates to a literacy rate of what?
In 2000, the literacy rate was 80% -- a commendable increase over 1990. Two-thirds of the world's illiterate adults were women. [ID:42]
- In the center of the Rotary emblem is a 'keyhole.' In what year was the keyhold added to the Rotary emblem?
The keyway was added in 1924 (yes, this is an obscure piece of trivia!) [ID:46]
- How many RI conventions have been held in Chicago, Illinois?
The seventh Chicago convention was the Centennial in 2005. [ID:48]
- The Ambassadorial Scholarships program of the Rotary Foundation is currently the world's largest privately funded international scholarships program for university-level studies.
It's true; the largest in the world. [ID:50]