The Rotary Club of White Plains is Club 5043, District 7230, Zone 32, Region USCB,
Federal tax ID 13-6111471.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1712, White Plains NY 10602.
Our "Foundation of the Rotary Club of White Plains" is tax exempt,
New York State #219346, tax ID 13-6165380.
Website created August 2001.
The Rotary Club of White Plains was chartered
October 1, 1919, charter number 540.
Rotary Trivia Quiz
These 5 randomly selected questions are
about Rotary International, the Foundation, or our district.
See how much you know about your favorite organization.
Click the radio button to reveal the answers ...
- When the Rotary Foundation was started in 1917, what was the initial endowment?
In 1917, the endowment received its first contribution of $26.50 from the Rotary Club of Kansas City, Missouri, USA. [ID:13]
- According to a recent R.I. demographic survey, the average club size in the US and Canada was:
Average club size in the USA and Canada was 58, compared to smaller average sizes elsewhere (e.g., Britain and Ireland 35, Latin AMerica 24, Africa and Europe 43) [ID:18]
- The first non-English speaking Rotary Club was established in:
Havana (Cuba) was the first non English speaking Rotary Club. [ID:23]
- R.I. President Arch Klumpf proposed, in 1917, an endowment 'for doing good in the world,' which became what?
This was the beginning of the Rotary Foundation. [ID:31]
- In 1999, a human chain of children lined up to support the fight against polio. How many children formed the human chain?
Amazing -- three million children -- what a statement! [ID:47]